Please, introduce yourself in a way that suits you the most. Also, please include the answers to the following questions in your CURRICULUM VITAE:
- Have you already volunteered in some program or project, no matter what it was about?
- Have you encountered children or young people with developmental disabilities, behavioral disorders or other psychosocial functioning disabilities?
- Have you had a friend that needs support and care?
- What motivated you to apply to volunteer in our social service half-day stay and psychosocial support programs (Mentoring program “Life skill laboratory – FRIENDS”, work-occupational program “DIP’s Youth Club: Ready, set, I’m working!” or other projects and programs)?
- Do you have a brother, sister or relatives with whom you have a quality relationship?
- Do you have a good friend? Do you think a brother or sister, relative or good friend can help you grow up easier? If YES – in what way?
- What are your expectations? What could you, as a „big“ (adult) friend/big brother or sister, give to a child or a person who needs support and care?
- What will you „gain“ by volunteering in the program Friends or other programs?
- List your characteristics that will help you become a friend to a young person with developmental or psychosocial functioning disabilities.
- List your characteristics that could interfere with making friends.
- What else do you think you need to learn to successfully participate in programs?
- Are you ready to dedicate few hours a week to your new friend? If you can’t set aside a few hours a week, how many hours (approximately) a month can you volunteer? Are you ready to invest in a new friendship, even when it seems impossible? Will you persevere in that?
- Are you ready to learn in an informal environment about children and young people with disabilities?
Please send the CV through this form as attachment!